Network Errors after upgrade to build 5600

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by csiemen, May 11, 2008.

1. csiemen

csiemen Bit poster

Received an e-mail on the problem ticket I opened telling me that a "New Build 5600" is in QA and should be out in a couple of weeks that should resolve this. They said to downgrade to 5584 or use Bridged Networking until then. The QA part is a little ironic.....

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Build 5600 is ready, you can download it

3. csiemen

csiemen Bit poster

The new build 5600 resolves this issue. The download page still says build 5600, May 9, 2006, but once you download and install it will say build 5600, May 20, 2008.

4. Leonard

Leonard Member

Not revving the build version is bad juju and adds confusion (to customers and technical support) while masking the fact that something was actually wrong.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  5. John@Parallels

Version 5600 you used , was not passed QA test, download new 5600 build and reinstall Parallels Desktop

6. VintageGeek

VintageGeek Member

Did "NEW" 5600 Build FIX Everyones' Issue

Just wondering if everyone is now OK with the NEW 5600 Build before I subject myself to the update. VG

7. Jon Richardson

Jon Richardson Member

Yep, it's good for me. No problems now. (using DHCP with bridged networking).

8. Jim walt

Jim walt Bit poster

Nothing

I've not been able to connect, having tried all the recommendations I've seen on the forums. It still can't find a network. I have the newest 5600 build (May 20). My connection before 5600 was always buggy, going in and out, but after 5600 absolutely nothing.

My Mac side is fine, and can connect. In my Mac Network panel I can see both a Parallels Guest Host and Parallels NAT connections and both are connected.

HELP!!??!!

Do I uninstall Parallels and try again? Will I lose my Vista Premium and have to reinstall it if I uninstall? How do I uninstall and reinstall?

Update - It was Zone Alarm that was the culprit. I uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  9. slabman

slabman Member

5600 Build problems

I just want to go back to the 5584 version and give up on the new one. Why can't I just delete the new build and re-install the old one using the original install disk? If not, where do I get the reinstaller? What is "Torrents?"

10. John@Parallels

I just want to confirm,
    You need build 5600 which was passed QA test on 22nd of May.
    Please reinstall Parallels Desktop as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/4790

11. slabman

slabman Member

John, I don't understand. Am I to uninstall my original Parallels (Not the 5600 update) and then re-load it from tha original disk? What good does that do? I thought we are trying to upgrade to build 5600?

12. slabman

slabman Member

I followed the instructions as recommended and re-installed after removal. Now I can't get Parallels to launch at all. What's up with this?

13. eddybauer

eddybauer Bit poster

Hello
    I have now downloaded and installed the new 5600 build and it runs ok on leopard 10.5.3
    The only problem is that the old desktop icons pointing to vms do not work. Snapshot restores have not been tested but seems to work?

14. eddybauer

eddybauer Bit poster

Oh, forgot to tell that 5600 just was installed UPON the old, not any uninstall in front.

15. John@Parallels

What is actual error you are receiving?