Cannot resize console window in RC1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Joelist, May 29, 2006.

1. Joelist

Joelist Bit poster

On the whole, RC1 has fixed some annoying bugs. However, now there is a new bug.

When I open console window and bootup the guest OS (Win XP Pro SP2), the console window blows up to giant size (bigger than my screensize). The only way for me to work in the guest is to use fullscreen mode, as it will not allow resizing.

Host is OS X 10.4.6 running on MacBook Pro.

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Change the resolution in XP to something that will fit on your Mac screen. This is NOT a bug.

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  3. fryke

fryke Bit poster

Hm. If it were somehow possible to have two modes, this would be perfect. I want "full-screen" to use my MacBook's original resolution, but window-mode should be smaller. VIrtual PC has a nice feature where Windows XP automatically adapts to the window's/screen's resolution. Would that be possible to achieve in a future version?

4. codefarm

codefarm Bit poster

It already supports that - under preferences / User Interface set the "fit guest resolution" checkbox. Set your resolution when not full screen to something that fits comforably on screen and when full screen to the resolution of your machine and you should be sorted

5. Joelist

Joelist Bit poster

Hi,

Over in the Linux forum the exact same behavior has been reported, and Parallels rep has noted it is an issue to be fixed in the next release.