5 Day expiration warning (again)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PubGuy, May 27, 2006.

1. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

Here we go again, another 5 day expiration warning on RC. Why not just send out the REAL keys so everyone that has already laid down money won't have to keep dealing with this? :confused:

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

If you prepaid already you should have gotten an email with an extended key. I got one two days ago. If not go to the download section and have another key emailed to you.
    If you didn;t prepay then your evaluation is over.

HTH,
    Peter

3. wesley

wesley Pro

Huh? I thought Parallels sent out new extended keys to everyone already. I got mine a couple of days ago.

4. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

No, the only email I got was for Parallels Compressor. Here is the email:

"As you know, your beta key for Parallels Compressor is scheduled to expire in a few days. Since we are still in beta testing, we are pleased to provide you with a new, extended beta key that will allow you to use Parallels Compressor through the end of the beta program!"

This key is NOT a valid PW key.

I already PAID for my copy on April 17th....but have never gotten an permanent key. The last key Parallels sent expires on June 1.

...and no, you can't just email in for another key, because they PW website will send you the same one, so that doesn't help any.

5. monkeyknifefight

monkeyknifefight Bit poster

Actually I'm having the same issue. I paid but never received a permanent key. I did receive the extended beta key, but it is now giving me the 5 day warning as well.

6. I received an extended key on the 25th. I believe that it was for the Beta development and probably not related to whether you paid or not. It was not the purchased key itself yet.

7. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Same here. Warning that it will expire on June 1st. Please help

8. wesley

wesley Pro

That's what I'm talking about. I'm guessing some people didn't get the extended key? This is the third key I got from the beta testing... The first one from April 6, the extended one around May 5, and this May 25 one.

9. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

I too, only got this email, which is wierd, I never signed up for compressor, just parallels desktop for Mac :confused:

When I got it i noticed it was for the wrong product and i went to parallels.com and signed in under my account and requested a new key. The key was the same one I had which was set to expire on June 2nd.

I Just got the 5 day warning, tonight because I hadnt restarted the VM for a while. :mad:

I went back to parallels.com and request a key and this time I got a new key. :rolleyes:

Validity period: May 26, 2006 - June 25, 2006
    Primary OS(es): Mac OS X

Notice the May 26 date, so they just put it up last Friday

So, there is new keys available :D

10. ajay

ajay Hunter

I'm confused

I prepaid yesterday and received an email with keys (they called it licence). My understanding is that this is a permanent key (licence) for the soon to be released final product and is not useable as an activation key for the current beta. Is this correct? My temporary activation is set to expire on June 22nd. This temporary key will be extended or will I receive yet another temporary key with some other expiration date?

11. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

Found Solution

Guys, I found how to get an extened beta key in case your current one is close to expiring and you haven't yet gotten an email.

At the top right side of this web page is a section called "My Account". If you log into that section, you can then click on Get Keys button and it will immediately email you the extended beta key.

My new expiration is now June 23rd.

F.Y.I. :D

12. Quantise

Quantise Junior Member

Yes but there is no way to change your email address on the registration page and I no longer have access to my old registered email address. So right now I'm stuffed!

John

13. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

You can register again with new email.

14. Quantise

Quantise Junior Member

Sorry to be dense, Andrew, but where do I do that?

John

15. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

16. Quantise

Quantise Junior Member

Ok I did that now, thank you.

One more thing. I already purchased Parallels Mac Desktop using my old email address. When the time comes. How will I be informed about how to make the final release 'mine' if there is no trail back to my previous address? Would notification emails to existing purchasers be sent to the email addresses they used when purchasing?

Shouldn't there be a way to update email addresses in My Account?

Warm regards,

John