Two possible issues with Parallels 5600 / 10.5.3 (no iSight driver, system stutter)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Am3822, May 31, 2008.

1. Am3822

Am3822 Bit poster

I've recently upgraded my system (first to build 5600 and a few days later to 10.5.3) and I've encountered two problems while running an XP SP3 guest:

1. Windows is unable to find a driver for iSight -- I've tried to reinstall parallels tools, but it doesn't help (I don't think it has much to do with the 10.5.3 update).

2. The system 'stutters' -- even when running lightweight applications, the system suddenly becomes slow and unresponsive and the screen update (e.g., when going over menu items or switching windows) is not functioning properly. All of this lasts a few minutes and then disappears. I haven't experienced it before the 10.5.3 update, so it must be related.

The system used is MBP 2.4Ghz (March 2008 revision, 3MB cache) -- 2GB memory, GeForce 8600M GT (256MB VRAM).

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. Khoji

Khoji Member

I'm not using iSight but I can confirm the "stutter": Every now and then program windows in both XP and Vista start to go crazy, flashing on and off like disco lights. Even when I close the programs involved there are still "shadows" of the previous program windows on the screen that continue to flash on and off. The only way to put an end to this is to reboot the Windows virtual machine.

3. scotto

scotto Member

I'm running into the same screen stuttering issue (and I think it's the same problem as is currently being mentioned in the now-evolved "Windows flickers in 'Single Window' mode" thread - http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=18611
    In my case the system is Boot Camp (can't tell about the other posters). It's happened repreatedly but unpredictably since the 10.5.3 OS X update (on top of earlier XP SP3 and Parallels 5600 updates). Although it doesn't appear to damage data, the problem renders the XP system almost completely unusable until it's rebooted.

4. sidssp

sidssp Hunter

I have experienced flickering window problem in XP, Vista Ultimate, as well as Fedora 7. I believe it was caused by the 10.5.3 update because I have never had that problem before 10.5.3.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Developers are working , please wait we will inform you soon