Permanent Activation Keys

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MicroDev, May 30, 2006.

1. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

I have been trying, without success, to find out if people who have pre-paid for Parallels Desktop Mac should have their final permanent activation keys or not. All I have are trial keys, two from the self service center, and one sent by Parallels on May 3. My order confirmation simply states that I will get permanent activation keys prior to GA. However, others on this forum have expressed that they already have received their permanent keys. Has anyone really received real permanent keys yet?

2. simon

simon Member

I don't have mine either. I think Parallels had mentioned we'll get permanent keys when the product is actually released, not while in early access / BETA.

3. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

I have seen this on other betas, after they set a release the change and bring in whole new set of keys

4. ernie

ernie Member

My last trail extension key came to me about May 2nd, it's about to expire and I have not received another trial key. This is a concern.

5. vamp07

vamp07 Member

Mine runs out tomorrow. I don't think I have received a new one.

6. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

To get a new trial activation key, follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account control panel at http://www.parallels.com/en/account
    2. Press the re-send activation key button next to the Parallels Desktop product indicator.
    An updated activation key will be emailed to you. We'll keep extending trial keys for anyone until the product hits the Final Release version.

If took advantage of the special pre-order price of $39.99, your permanent registration key will be emailed to you the minute we have the final version ready to go.

7. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

Thanks Ben, that's all I was trying to confirm...

8. moosa@ismail.com

moosa@ismail.com Bit poster

The problem I have is when I try to logon I get a message saying invalid logon information (I definitely loged on before have email to prove) I tried having my password resent but I have not recieved any emails from parallels since i bought my pre-order version... emails to support, request for new logon password, nothing totally frustrated....

9. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Did you tried "Forgot your password?" option in http://www.parallels.com/en/account/ ?

10. moosa@ismail.com

Yes I did, but for some reason I have not received any emails from parallels... so i am concerned that with the final release and my key activation problems I will be "stranded" any help would be truly appreciated... product is GREAT!!!

11. moosa@ismail.com

Okay, great I got a response and a new trial activation key, Thanks for the help!!!! Hopefully my account password will get sorted out!

12. thebryceman

thebryceman Bit poster

I have still not received my permanent activation key either!

I have read the various threads, tried to log into my account and use the Forget Password option, but still no e-mail with login details or activation code. I have also e-mailed Parallels Support and lostkey@parallels.com but have had no reply! I have my email receipts here to prove that I purchased the full product back in May.

Andrew, PLEASE HELP as my trial activation key runs out in 3 days!

13. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

Just a thought - have you checked your Junk/Spam folder? Maybe your email program is treating the Parallels emails as junk/spam.

14. thebryceman

thebryceman Bit poster

Yes, have checked Spam folder...

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have checked my Spam folder, but still no joy... Hopefully I'll hear back from one of the Parallels Techs soon. Time is running out on the Beta code...

15. thebryceman

thebryceman Bit poster

Finally accessed my account but still no permanent key...

After not getting any "Forgotten Password" e-mails I tried several different combinations of passwords and finally accessed my account. Interestingly when I click the "Keys" "Send" button it sends a new key instantly - but only a trial one with expiry date!

WHERE IS MY PERMANENT ACTIVATION KEY??? I paid for Parallels over a month ago, have the receipts to prove it, and have not had any responses from Parallels staff. I even tried phoning their office yesterday only to get a recorded message...

Looking forward to an answer soon! Andrew? Ben? :confused:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  16. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

thebryceman,

I apologize for inconvinience! We will contact you immediatly and provide you with your permanent key!

17. thebryceman

thebryceman Bit poster

Thank you!

Fantastic! Thanks for your help. The Activation Key has arrived and I will try it out tomorrow as soon as I get to the office.

Awesome product, awesome support.

Thanks again!