Shared Folders crashing in RC1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by monkeyknifefight, May 27, 2006.

1. monkeyknifefight

monkeyknifefight Bit poster

Although I had issues with Shared Folders in Beta6, they would only work half the time. In the new RC1 Shared Folders crashes XP Explorer everytime.

Has anyone else noticed the increased instability of Shared Folders?

2. Jisi

Jisi Member

I have exactly the same problem. Opening the Shared Folders via Windows Explorer crashes the Explorer every time.
    When using the command line (I mapped the Shared folder to a drive letter), I can navigate the Shared folder and somettimes even copy 1,2 small files (<4KB), but then I get an error dialog (Illegal read access or sth. like that. I can make a screenshot if the exact message is of importance)

3. philo

philo Bit poster

yes same problems here. used to be better in beta5. i was about to preoder parallels, but now i a have to consider hoping that some virtualisation will be integrated in Leopard....

bye

4. monkeyknifefight

I wouldn't go as far as that! PW is friggin great product even as a "beta". I'm sure they will get it working, assuming they know it's a problem.

Parallel's, are you aware of this issue?

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please check this issue in RC2 - number of Shared Folders issues was fixed there.

6. monkeyknifefight

Thanks, I give it a try.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

7. kboggs

kboggs Bit poster

Shared folders still crashes under RC2 for me...

I still get either a hang or crash when I try to access my shared folder. Just installed RC2 and Parallels Tools. Everything's up to date near as I can tell.:confused:

Still, I want to say that this is a fantastic product. Every day that I use it I'm amazed. With a dual monitor set up it is geek heaven.:D

8. mcg

mcg Hunter

Yeah, I'm not getting a BSOD anymore, but shared folders seem to take a lot longer to come up at first, and the speed is no better than using SMB over the host-only network. I'm not disappointed though, SMB is working fine.

9. kboggs

kboggs Bit poster

Yeah, SMB works fine for me also. Still, I'd like to see the shared folder thing work.