Image tool problems on 5600

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by john., Jun 10, 2008.

1. john.

john. Member

I have used Image tool to expand my c drive from 10gb to 15gb and all seemed to work fine no errors.........
    If I go to the configuration menu the C drive (hdd) now shows 14.999mbytes, but when I enter W XP the C drive is still at it's original state.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

I have raised a Trouble ticket but nothing back from Parallels yet ...

thanks

John

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The size of the partition has expanded but not the size of the filesystem, so basically the increase you gave is now free space to the Guest OS, you can see this if you go to Administrative Tools>Computer Management> Disk Management under XP. What you need to do is expand that filesystem to use all the space in that partition.

3. john.

john. Member

Ok Thanks, should have thought of that myself it's always the simple things that get you .....

Although this isnot a Paralles issue I can't easily add the new space onto the existing partition without the help of other programes ie Partition magic.

Thanks Again
    John

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Perhaps some misunderstanding is out here, you can increase disk capacity using Parallels Tools, and use disk management to create new partition, or use third party tools to increase disk C (please do backup of your VM) for example using this guide
    http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2007/01/9404/

5. john.

john. Member

Thanks again, Yes the Parallels documentation could be more comprehhensive in this regard, it would not take much more in the way of expalanation to include the detyail included in this post for example.

Thanks

John

PS little bit miffed about the lack of repsonse through the official Parallels Support Trouble ticket still Silence from them on this.....

6. John@Parallels

Please reply privately with ticket number

7. john.

john. Member

Apologise how do I send a private reply?

8. John@Parallels

Click my profile you will see link, send private message to