10.5.3 & 5600/5604 Parallels Crashes

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mjw76248, Jun 9, 2008.

1. mjw76248

mjw76248 Bit poster

10.5.3 & 5600/5604 Parallels Crashes about 30sec after reaching the xp desktop.

I've attached a screenshop of the error. Right after this crash error, it reboots and then repeats. Unfortunately, everything was working OK w/ 5560 but had gotten slow when I upgraded to 5582 w/ 10.5.3. I have followed the advice in http-//kb.parallels.com/en/4790.

I use this everyday to vpn to company servers, etc.

Any advice is appreciated. Maybe I should go back to 5560 if someone could provide a link to the file.

Thank you,
    Mike

MBP 2.16/3gb/250gb
    xp/sp2 up to date

Attached Files:

2. mjw76248

mjw76248 Bit poster

Parallels online support

.....And another thing....

I've owned Parallels for about a year and can't contact email support because registration doesn't recognize my activation number ....you know, the one right off the disk envelope that says you must use this number to activate!!.....very frustrating.

I also own Fusion but have never used it. Maybe I should give it a try. Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Mike

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I suspect it has something to do with Parallels Tools in the Guest OS not have been upgraded.

I would try to boot into safe mode and uninstall Parallels Tools, then reboot and reinstall Parallels Tools. Or if it's also running under Boot Camp I would boot it and uninstall Parallels Tools.

If neither works, I would recommend clearing Parallels information from the VM prior to booting it. And if it still fails, you probably need to do a 'Repair Install' of Windows.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

5. mjw76248

mjw76248 Bit poster

Thank you specimen. I was able to get things running again by reinstalling tools in safe mode. I appreciate your advice.

I tried to get on the forum yesterday to acknowledge, but it was not able to load. I guess the site was down for a while.

Anyway, thank you.
    Mike

6. mjw76248

mjw76248 Bit poster

Thank you John. That link discusses the CD/DVD loading. Do you think that was causing the error?

Reinstalling tools in safe mode seems to have fixed the issue. I still have very slow response, especially with outlook 2007 via exchange.

The slowness initially occurred when I upgraded to 10.5.3. It has continued through parallels upgrades 5582, 5600, and 5604, which is where I'm at now.

Thank you,
    Mike

7. Habib

Habib Member

Hi,

sorry for the stupid question, but wehre I can get the Build 5604? I couldn´t find any info or link about that build...

regards
    Habib

8. Habib

Habib Member

OK, I found a link via google search, not with the forum search. Why this info was so hidden?
    The autoupdate funktion has never hint me, if an update was available :(

9. mjw76248

mjw76248 Bit poster

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been out of town and mostly our of touch all week. In fact, I hate to admit that I attempted updating only hours before leaving on a trip where access to my Parallels/XP VM was critical. I should have known I would have problems.