Mouse synchronization, suddenly stops working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DataJim, Mar 27, 2008.

1. DataJim

DataJim Bit poster

Parallels build: 5582
    Guest OS: Windows XP
    Mac OS: Leopard
    Computer: MacBook Pro

My mouse synchronization suddenly stopped working automatically. I can enable the synchronization, by going into Parallel Tools, and disabling and then re-enabling the mouse sync. This is not completely satisfactory as the Mac pointer lays on top of any of the pointers the Win OS might use. Even the re-installation of tools was problematic and did not occur when the install was prompted. I instead had to install it manually.

Attempts at resolution include re-installing both parallels and the Leopard OS.

Any thoughts will be appreciated as this truly becoming annoying.

2. tspires

tspires Bit poster

I'm having the same problem on my Mac Book Pro 2.4Ghz.
    Parallels 5582
    Windows XP SP2
    Mouse Logitech MX610

Another thing to note is that I normally run my Parallels VM on an external monitor at 1900x1200.

Though once I go into the Parallels tools and unset and reset the mouse syncronization it works again.

I've also noticed that Parallels seems to have a hard time tracking the mouse when synchronization is disabled.

3. chinarut

chinarut Member

hey - i just started to have this issue.

I verified in Parallels Tools, mouse synchronization is disabled.

It's greyed out though and when I shutdown my VM and look through my configuration, I don't see anything that makes reference to enabling mouse synchronization.

how do I make sure it is on by default?

this was never an issue before.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please check what is in device manager on Windows side, maybe mouse is yellow marked?
    Upgrade to build 5608, and reinstall Parallels Tools, check again device manager

5. chinarut

chinarut Member

I upgraded from 5584 to 5608 and reinstalled Parallel Tools. Upon reboot of the guest operating system, it solved the problem perfectly.

thank you for the great support!