Parallel Tools FP Exception

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by TimW, Dec 7, 2007.

1. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

it's a pity, but you're truly right.
    A user found a real solution, but the bug is still there as Parallels' Team had not read about this solution.

Why not?

I still hope they would *really* consider this solution and include it *soon* in the most recent version of the software.
    I hope also in an official reply by them :)

Salvo

2. funkrhythm

funkrhythm Bit poster

I ran into this same problem (floating point exception in prluserd, line 83 of the setup script) installing debian etch into a VM but fixed the problem by upgrading to a later version of libc (and associated files). The version in the etch distribution is too old - I upgraded to the one in the testing distribution (which is version 2.7) and now the installation script completes without any errors and X works properly.

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

I reported problem to developers, please wait

4. phord

phord Bit poster

I got deja vu...

5. John@Parallels

no deja vu.., problem is investigating :)

6. John@Parallels

7. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

thanks, John,
    but still "floating point" error, here in my Debian 4.
    And now (after upgrade Leopard 10.5.3 and this build of Parallals) also some "alsa soundcard" errors and random audio errors :-(

salvo

8. phord

phord Bit poster

same shit here. I still don't get how parallels team dare to act like this. "probably will work"... amazing. no, it doesn't, and if you had free 1GB somewhere in your company, you could install a Debian Etch and TEST IT YOURSELF, as everyone else does it in IT business, before releasing a fix for an issue.

9. John@Parallels

Developers will include fix in the next build (not in build 5604)

10. phord

phord Bit poster

same issue with 5608. clowns...

11. John@Parallels

Build 5608, addresses only WIndows related problem, we are planning to publish build addressing this problem in the end of June, I will post details later

12. phord

phord Bit poster

so which month is it at parallels?..

13. ronaldsloot

ronaldsloot Bit poster

try VirtualBox. It is free and it has no problems with Ubuntu.

14. John@Parallels

Parallels Server already has it, and internal PD 4 too, we are working to bring it to PD3

15. NilsC

NilsC Bit poster

Could you please remove Debian 4.0 from the list of supported guest operating systems for Parallels Tools?
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/4981

It has now been more than a year since this issue was raised. It has never worked, so it is only fair to potential customers to let them know what works and what doesn't with Parallels Desktop.

16. John@Parallels

Let us clarify, it doesn't work in terms of Tools installation, and this problem as I promised is escalated, I hope to give you answers (in another thread ) about build with compatible Parallels Tools

17. phord

phord Bit poster

when, my friend, when?.. since December 2007 you have promised us a working build many times but all of them turned out lies, and not even a "we are sorry about the delay" appeared here... so please don't refer to your promises (eg. "end of June").

it's also very funny that you "hope" you can give us answers. let me tell you we don't need answers, we need a working Parallels Tools for Debian since December.

18. John@Parallels

Yep, hard to say anything against your reasons, I only can repeat we have now beta working, but still need some time to get all things working

19. ronaldsloot

ronaldsloot Bit poster

Many many months ago, with many others, I reported the floating point exception problem.

The version just released, 5624, was supposed to have fixed this.

Think again.

I just tried it on my Debian distro (the one I reported the error on) and I'm still getting the floating point exception.

I thought all these months waiting was because Parallels was trying to get this right. Big mistake.

Move on guys.

-- Ronald

20. John@Parallels

Does problem appear on new installation?
    I am not able to catch it