Bug: Full Screen Second Monitor Mouse Disappears

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pinstripe, Jun 5, 2008.

1. pinstripe

pinstripe Bit poster

Hi there,

New to the forums. I just wanted to let you all know about a bug in Parallels. When using Parallels on a second monitor in full screen mode, the mouse disappears while typing and won't reappear until clicking the mouse.

My system: Macbook, Leopard (Version 10.5.2), Parellels Desktop 3.0, Build 5582

This can be really annoying.

2. pinstripe

pinstripe Bit poster

I should also note that I tried disabling the "Hide cursor while typing" option in Windows, but this doesn't fix the problem.

3. scotto

scotto Member

My cursor has been disappearing for a while. I think it may happen in Single Window mode as well. In my case it reappears if I move it continuously and am patient. I hate to click blindly.

4. pinstripe

pinstripe Bit poster

I am now using Parallels in Window mode, but expanded to the entire height/width of the monitor. Instead of moving the mouse around and waiting, I've also found in the past that Alt-Tabbing will make the mouse reappear, so hopefully that helps you.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  5. ti.to

ti.to Bit poster

I have the same problem, the mouse disappears in fullscreen mode on the second display. Also, the mouse position is not updated unless i press the mouse button. You can see that when hovering over a link in Internet Explorer, it doesn't change the mouse pointer. It works in Coherence and Single Window.

This is annoying because you cannot click safely after typing, maybe you click on the wrong button or something else.

When i switch Mouse Synchronization in Tools Center off, the mouse pointer position isn't even updated unless i click.

6. raveen69

raveen69 Bit poster

Another issue

I have somewhat of the same issue, I am unable to click on any of the parallels tools at the bottom of the window with the second monitor.

Any ideas?

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

in Task Manager kill ParallelsTools center, and start it again