Limited or no connectivity?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Wishes, May 29, 2008.

1. Wishes

Wishes Bit poster

Hi again!

Again! There's something wrong with my parallels I'm a guest to Windows and whenever I go onto my parallels it says for my wireless conection it's Limited or No conectivity!

I don't know what's going on here - but as you can see my internet on my Mac is absolutley fine can anyone help? Or see ahead what's going on?

Thank you Wishes x

2. menzies

menzies Bit poster

I have the same problem, and haven't been able to figure it out. Running Windows XP SP2 and recently started getting limited or no connectivity on my wireless connection. I tried reinstalling parallels tools, and that didn't help.

3. Joanne

Joanne Bit poster

Same problem. Have you gotten a solution yet?

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

You can try switching the network adapter....normally you have a shared network. Try switching it to bridged. (when you start parallels you get an information screen, click on network adapter and change it)

5. swrigley

swrigley Bit poster

I have just developed the same problem using Windows XP on a Macbook. What worked for me was, in the Parallels menu, go to 'Devices', 'Network Adapter' then tick/check 'Airport' (my wireless router, you will have to tick/check whatever yours is). However the problem resurfaced again after a few days and although the above worked again I don't know if its a real permanent fix. Repairing permissions after that 'fix', rather than before, might work?

6. rbh

rbh Member

I just have the VM set to "default adapter" and have had zero problems since I first did the windows install - it just uses the current default on my Mac (including my 3G modem).

I can even access an 802.1x wifi network via the Mac and the Windows VM just "works" as it appears the VM lets the host do all the heavy lifting w.r.t. the network connection...

7. swrigley

swrigley Bit poster

i just reinstalled Parallels Tools, repaired permissions on my Mac for good measure and haven't had problems since...