Function Keys F9 - F12

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Emma Hooper, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Emma Hooper

Emma Hooper Bit poster

Hi,

I've searched through as many posts as i can to find an answer to this but to no avail.

I need to be able to use F9 - F12 (F11 in particular) in Windows (I'm using an iMac - if that helps?). I have tried changing the System Preferences to 'use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys', which is fine upto F8 but doesn't help with the ones i need.
    I've tried changing Expose settings so that it doesn't use the keys I need.
    I've tried all manner of combinations of cmd+fn+ctrl+shift+Fkey etc. etc. - still no joy!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
    Emma

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

In current version, you need to use Actions _Send key, we are working to avoid Leopard key assignments this either will be added in one of the upcoming builds or in Parallels Desktop ver 4

3. Emma Hooper

Emma Hooper Bit poster

That's great - thank you.

4. unusename

unusename Bit poster

F9 and F10 work properly with combination with fn but F11 and F12 don't work.

I think this is a bug. (Have no idea which ticket queue to be created.)

PS. I test this on Visual Studio. Write a simple program to return key press on screen. ESC, F1-F10 are returned but no F11 and F12.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Yes, I already know that, just to let you know our managers increased priority for developers for several known issues and keyboard functioning is in the list

6. pcraddock

pcraddock Member

This worked for me

Go to System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Scroll down to the bottom > Select "Application Keyboard Shortcuts" > Click "+" > IN the Appplication Dropdown, select Parallels Desktop > Type a name (I used F11) Then in the Keyboard Shortcut box just press the F11 key. Restart Parallels and all should be well. Hope this helps.