ssh problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dailo, Apr 8, 2006.

1. dailo

dailo Member

Has anyone else had problems with ssh from the guest machine to the host machine? I have a freebsd guest running through parallels VM and when I try to ssh to my mac, sometime it works but sometimes it will timeout or it will take a long time. Anyone else with this problem or is it just me. I am networking through ethernet.

2. Joe Wildish

Joe Wildish Junior Member

I had a similar problem with SuSE in a VM. I was trying to SCP between the host and the VM. I could SSH but not SCP (weird). Can you "telnet <host> 22" ? You should see the SSH welcome at least.... BTW I got round it by opening up FTP on the host, that worked fine :)

3. dailo

dailo Member

Well ssh works fine, just it's very very slow. Same with a SMB share, I made a samba share and that is also very slow. But ftp works fine. No idea what's going on. Perhaps it's an issue in the beta as I know there are some networking problems.

4. Joe Wildish

Joe Wildish Junior Member

Strange. What hardware are you using BTW? I'm on a MacBook Pro and not had problems with file transfers or connectivity between two different types of VM ('Doze and SuSE) -- apart from the one time not being able to use scp. Is there anything specific about FreeBSD network drivers maybe?

5. dailo

dailo Member

I just installed Beta 2 and all of the problems I mentined are all gone. Plus I can use wireless, woot woot. Parallels you guys are awesome!!!! I can't believe this is only beta, right now it currently does everything I need. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the final release.

6. christian.noack@agile-met

christian.noack@agile-met Bit poster

I have the ssh-problem also and I started with beta 2. Before ssh works slow, but acceptable. Now it does not work anymore.