RC2 - the best yet!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dylansm, May 31, 2006.

1. dylansm

dylansm Member

Thank you to the Parallels team for turning around another RC. My experience with RC2 has been really great. Networking is performing flawlessly.

The only real issue still bothering me is that the command key mapped to the start button is really a pain when cmd-tabbing in and out of parallels. No big deal though.

FYI: I'm still unable to use the Parallels Shared Folder as it's way too slow and unpredictable (instead I map a network drive using computer name). This isn't an issue for me as my mapped drives to the shares are working very well.

Great work.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  2. mathboy3

mathboy3 Member

I will second that. It seems to start up twice as fast as RC1 also. It works perfectly for me on my MacBook.

3. wesley

wesley Pro

There's practically no system (as in, the OS X environment) hold-up while booting up the VM now. The hold-up would last about 10 to 20 seconds during the boot until RC1 and it was truly frustrating. I'm glad that got fixed.

4. monkeyknifefight

monkeyknifefight Bit poster

I'm quite pleased so far with the noticable increased stability of the shared folders. I still have yet to really put RC2 through the paces, but so far so good.