I need RC1 NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by vincent, Jun 1, 2006.

1. vincent

vincent Bit poster

RC2 is a show stopper for me for two reasons:

1-Network does not pick up IP and doest not switch over between lan/wireless or vice versa!
    2-Screwing up Cisco VPN!!! It's idiotic that we can't even manually select LAN / wireless. This option should be available regardless if the auto switch over works or not.

I need to know if reverting back to RC1 is possible and if YES - where can I download it from?!

-one pissed of customer!

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

vincent,

1. If you want automatic switching between bridging to Ethernet/Airport conection you should choose Default adapter in VM configuration.

2. If you want to use always particular connection Ethernet or Airport - you should choose appropriate host connection in VM configuration.

3. We will investigate your VPN issue.

4. Download link to RC1 - http://download.parallels.com/beta/Parallels-Desktop-1832-Mac.dmg

3. schmidp

schmidp Member

in the configuration of the machine you can still select which adapter to use lan or wireless, the autoswitch only works if "default adapter" is selected (as far as i know).

well, it's still not a finished product and you know that.

4. vincent

vincent Bit poster

For some odd reason, the drop down window for the "Bridge Ethernet" isn't working for me under VM Configuration. I thought that this option was taken out. If you say that it's still possible to select between connections, then there's something wrong with my system. Thanks for your help.

I took a screenshot for your review.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  5. Andrew @ Parallels

Did you reboot your Mac OS X since upgrading to RC2? If not try to reboot and check the issue again. If it won't solve the issue try to uninstall RC2, reboot, install RC2 and reboot again.

And please keep us informed about result.

6. vincent

vincent Bit poster

Yep. Multiple re-installs of Parallels and tools etc. I figured out that the drop downs doesn't work if the VM configuration window isn't on the primary monitor. I had it on the extended monitor. Perhaps this is an unintended features that needs to get fixed? Knowing this would have saved me 2 hours of re-installing / fraustration.

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Thank you for reporting - we will investigate this problem with 2-nd monitor.

8. aelman

aelman Bit poster

I also was having trouble with RC2; I uninstalled and reinstalled several times with reboots in between, and could not get even host-only networking to work. (After the first couple of reboots, when I went into "Network" in System Preferences I saw that the Parallels host-only adapter was "connected" but had no IP address). With host-only networking (whether I had sharing turned on or not), the VM could not get an IP address.

When I uninstalled RC2 and reinstalled RC1, I got it working again with bridged networking (to a Cisco Wi-Fi network protected with LEAP, if that helps).

Any ideas? Would love to upgrade but for the moment I can't without breaking...

Thanks,
    Adam

9. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

Please remember that this is a trial to find bugs - it's not the finished product.

For Cisco, you might want to review this thread:
    http://forum.parallels.com/thread2299.html

As a temporary workaround, I created a script so I could easily reset the Cisco VPN driver. Heres how:

1) If you don't already have one, create a script directory in your user home directory (e.g., bin)
    2) Create a text file with no spaces in the name (e.g., restart_cisco)
    3) Enter the following command in the file: sudo SystemStarter restart CiscoVPN
    4) Change the permissions on the file: chmod 755 ~/bin/restart_cisco
    5) After restart, enter the command: ~/bin/restart_cisco

Hope that helps.

10. rng

rng Junior Member

Internet connection via host-only networking works

Internet connection via host-only networking works if Personal File Sharing and Personal Web Sharing are activated and Internet Sharing (Airport OR Ethernet whichever the host happens to use at the moment) is started with "Ethernet adaptor (en2)" selected. Took me a while to figure out... ;-) /Göran

11. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

I think Vincent is having problems with Cisco VPN and networking rather than general internet access through host only but I could be wrong. Have you tried Cisco VPN with that setup? I've had a lot of issues with the Host Only (en2) adapters. File corruption and other app compatibility issues abound.