USB & Philips Pronto

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by davidbw, Mar 20, 2008.

1. davidbw

davidbw Bit poster

I use a BootCamp volume with XPsp2. Mac OSX 10.4.11. Parallels Desktop 3.0 build 5584.

At some point in an earlier update of Desktop 3, I could use the USB based Philips Pronto remotecontrol with the Philips programming tool "ProntoEdit NG". I could download and upload to the unit without any problems.

Now the connection cuts, both when I upload or download. Even though the unit is on the USB list and is activated.

BUT... if I boot up into BootCamp, then there are no problems and the connection is stable and works both upload and download.

Any advise?

Regards,
    Davidbw

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Davidbw,

Please try the build 5582.5.

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. marcmec

marcmec Junior Member

I have has a similar issue for some time now. I can get Upload and download to work, but it is sporadic. I am almost always uploading an edited config to the pronto. The first transfer usually goes without a hitch. A subsequent upload fails, usually by freezing during the "Downloading" process. The progress bar gets to about 75% and stops. The situation can be remedied by unplugging the Pronto USB cord, and plugging it back in. Sometimes this works right away, and sometimes it takes four or five tries. I have ben dealing with this issue for at least 6 months, and I keep current with all Parallels updates, as well as updates to Windows (XP pro), and the Philips firmware and software.

Is this a known issue?

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Try to use build Xenos suggested

5. DieterS

DieterS Bit poster

hello,
    i use parallels 5 and i can also not use my philips pronto tsu9400 with usb..

con not find the pronto-device
    error c12, hid enumerator

the device will find on the mac-side, but not under parallels..
    the program prontoedit professional 2 ist onlx usable with windows..

what can i do?

best regards..

i use an intel-imac with snow-leopard and parallels 5 in german..

6. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

hi, DieterS.

Please, do the following:

1. Select checkbox Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> General -> Use detailed log messages
    2. Reproduce the issue:
    - connect your usb-device to virtual machine and try to work with it.
    3. Make a problem report:
    - go to menu Help and click Problem Report...
    - fill in the details in a window that opens
    - wait for report submission to complete (you'll get a notice with your report ID)
    4. Post report ID here
    5. Remove back "Use detailed log messages"

7. RayG

RayG Bit poster

I have the same problem with my TSU7000. I've submitted an error report and will post their comments.
    ID 5958623

8. RayG

RayG Bit poster

How long does it normally take for a response?

its been a few weeks...

9. fishey72

fishey72 Bit poster

fix pronto

I have had the same issue. Connecting to USB Pronto will only work in boot camp and since I decided on this new computer to not use boot camp I cannot connect to my Pronto.

This issue has been floating around for years or several parallels versions I can remember and nothing has been done to fix it. Actually someone found a fix, but it requires editing the registry and bunch of stuff more complicated than I care to deal with.

Parallels
    Build 6.0.11828
    (Revision 615184; November 2, 2010)

i7Mac
    8gb RAM
    10.6.5 OS