Right click simulation in RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tacit_one, May 31, 2006.

1. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Hi,

There are some changes in right click simulation that should to be described (discussed).

Configuration options added to Parallels -> Configuration -> Hot Keys, they are:

1. "Keyboard + Click simulation" for right click - it defines the combination used to simulate right click.
    Default option: Ctrl + Shift + Click as the result of the poll at this forum, but can be configured to be any modifier + click.

2. "Delayed right click" - the way of right click simulation used in the DockBar of OSX - just press and hold your left mouse button without movement and you will get right click there.
    Default option: disabled - please, post your feelings on this option once you will get it enabled.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  2. kaufman

kaufman Member

If I don't want to use either one of these (ie, I already have a two button mouse) can they both be disabled?

THanks, Michael

3. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Yes. Second option is disabled by default. To disable first option you can uncheck all modifiers check boxes (modifier + click is supposed to be disabled with no modifier selected).

4. Sheppy

Sheppy Hunter

This seems to work great! Thanks!

5. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

Alt-click seems to be broken with a windows XP client. Also, apple-click is funky, but that might be unavoidable because of the way windows intercepts the windows key to pop up the start menu. Any ideas as to why alt-click doesn't work? I have a MBP and have tried both option-click and alt-click (aka fn-option-click)....

Thanks...

6. cwilkes

cwilkes Bit poster

Works for me with Win2k

Most important (for me) is that the right click works in a java applet.

7. ScottTFrazer

ScottTFrazer Junior Member

"fn-option" doesn't equal "alt"

The "alt" is just a label on the key to help windows folks. the key is scanned as "option" under OS X and "alt" under windows.

8. xbrianskix

xbrianskix Member

Either way, it no workie :(

9. Darkel

Darkel Bit poster

The new MacBooks and 17 inch MacBook Pros offer a new two-finger-click feature to emulate right-clicking. Now, does this actually emulate control-clicking, therefore making it usuable in RC2, or an entirely new method of right-clicking, therefore not usuable in RC2?

10. Drewmangroup

Drewmangroup Member

I think I used the two finger click as a right click sucessfully in RC2.

11. pcunix

pcunix Junior Member

What about "middle click" (Linux)

I hate Linux cut and paste anyway, but it is what it is and while you can simulate the middle button paste with a two button mouse, how can you do that with Parallels in Mac with a track pad?

12. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Well, i believe that it is practically impossible ... The only way is to use external mouse.

13. pcunix

pcunix Junior Member

So you couldn't do something that would map it to Meta-Cokebottle-Whatever key combination?

14. yannis

yannis Bit poster

The delayed right click option works fine for me. I like it!

Regards & keep up the good work!
    Yannis

15. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

There is one feature about the Delayed Right Click I don't like...

This being: If I'm dragging a scroll bar in, say, IE, I often pause part way through. The problem now is, with this feature enabled, if I pause for a length of time, the right click will execute.

It would be nice (if possible) to not have the right click menu to display if the cursor has moved more than a certain amount before the delay is over. I dunno if it's possible to implement this, but it would be nice if it could be done...