5584 : Coherence windows not coming to front

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rmineric, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rmineric

rmineric Bit poster

I have had an issue when running with Coherence since build 5160 that I've seen mentioned various times in the forums, but have seen no resolution for. Simply, when an OS X application is in the foreground, and I click to bring a Windows application to the foreground, the Windows application gets focus but remains behind the OS X application. I can drag the title bar of the Windows app on top of the foreground OS X application, and it brings it to the front. Alternately, I can switch to single window mode, then back to Coherence and it will work properly for a few minutes.

Is there a better work around for this issue? Better yet, has this behaviour been seen by Parallels engineers, and is there a fix in the works (perhaps one that I can test and give feedback on?)

Thank you,
    Rob

2. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

have you tried to reinstal Parallels Tools?

3. rmineric

rmineric Bit poster

Yes, I have reinstalled twice.

Rob

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Rob,

The issue you are describing is under investigation. We can not propose you a solution unfortunately - just another workaround: group all Coherence windows in Configuration Editor -> Coherence.

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. rmineric

rmineric Bit poster

Thank you for your response. This does make the windows respond properly, although it's not as functional (obviously).

6. BillInSoBe

BillInSoBe Member

Fix???

Alright it's been months and there's no more activity in this thread. Is everyone simply satisfied that this is still broken or is there a real workaround??

I've paid for this software and really want this problem fixed. Enabling grouping windows doesn't aways work, in fact much of the time I need to minimize the OS X window I'm working in so I can see what's going on in Windows.

VMWare does have these types of problems. Perhaps I'll switch back to VMWare in you guys get your act together.