Bug: Right click near top left corner of guest brings up Connect/Disconnet dialog?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Seraglio, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Seraglio

Seraglio Junior Member

In RC2, when right clicking near top left corner of guest OS (Win XP - right clicking on My Computer icon for instance) a Mac OS contextual menu with options for Connect and Disconnect appears. Avoiding this, as I don't know what it would do, and clicking anywhere else in the guest causes right click to be stuck (that is, any click is interpreted as a right click).

2. DrFix

DrFix Junior Member

I've tried this out on a Guest VM using XP Home and SP2 and cannot replicate your problem.

3. tech_head

tech_head Member

Hi,

Same issue on my MB pro.
    A right click in the upper left corner, logged in or not brings up that contextual menu to Connect/Disconnect.

I accidently disconnected from my network five minutes ago.

tech

4. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

I tried this out and i get same issue. I found that if i turn back on the the Parallels tool bar it goes away

5. DrFix

DrFix Junior Member

I reiterate... I cannot replicate problem. Exactly which XP versions are you guys running? SP1..SP2? Even under XP Pro SP2 I don't get this. Whether I test this on an iMac or MacBook this doesn't occur. I'm patched and updated to the present on all VM operating systems and host.

6. mikeshappell

mikeshappell Member

I reported this problem a while ago. What I found is that you can right click an icon located in the upper left hand corner of the screen to make this happen. If you auto-arrange the desktop there will be icons in the upper left. In my case it is the recycle bin. Attempting to right-click the upper left part of the icon will result in the Parallels menu (and a drag of the recycle bin icon). I am using SP2 with all patches applied.

Mike

7. Seraglio

Seraglio Junior Member

BenInBlack has it - if the toolbar is visible there is no issue. If the toolbar is hidden, however, the issue is present. Please try again.

One weird thing: The issue may only be present if toolbar is hidden at startup.

8. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

I just get the Windows context menu...
    [​IMG]

What mice are you folks using? USB, wireless, trackpad?

9. Seraglio

Seraglio Junior Member

If you are currently running Parallels, follow these steps to recreate:
    1. Hide the toolbar
    2. Suspend or power off guest
    3. Quit Parallels
    4. Start it back up, and right click in the upper left to see this:
    [​IMG]

Further weirdness is if you click within the guest in order to make the unexpected contextual menu disappear the guest (XP SP2, in my case) acts as though every click is a right click or that right click is stuck.

Now, if you show and hide the toolbar (sometimes more than once) or show it and restart again the issue is not present. Personally, I have no need for the toolbar - it just takes up precious desktop space - and for this I can not right click "My Computer" until I've shown and hidden the toolbar...

Issue is present with either trackpad or USB mouse.

10. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

I still can't get this to happen and followed Seraglio's instructions explicitly. To be clear, I tried the trackpad on a 17" directly, and I tried a Microsoft USB Lasermouse 6000. Each worked as expected. My right mouse click simulation (Parallels preference) is set to Ctrl + Alt + Shift + click. In all of my Windows OS's I'm using remapkey.exe to remap the left Command key to the Ctrl key. I un-install and re-install the Parallels tools with each new beta.