RC2- network error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by eplantz, May 31, 2006.

1. eplantz

eplantz Bit poster

I just installed RC2 (was running RC1).

If I select HOST-ONLY NETWORKING, I get an error box (actually 2) when starting the VM. It says "Parallels Desktop is unable to attach to the network adapter en2:Host-Only Adapter"

and then I'm stopped from proceeding.

Macbook 2.0ghz 1GB RAM

2. Matthew

Matthew Bit poster

I also got this message: reinstalling Parallels fixed it. What seemed to me to be the problem was on upgrading from RC1 to RC2, the Parallels networking adaptor had vanished. When I reinstalled it, it reappeared.

HOWEVER even though the guest OS now starts without errors, I can't access the internet! You may well find the same problem.

Edit: Okay, not quite sure what I did but the internet works fine now. I don't know how to access my OS X Apache server via the guest OS though. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  3. eplantz

eplantz Bit poster

I reinstalled RC2 but did not see any improvement.

Then reinstalled it AGAIN...and started getting messages about VT-X in use, etc.

I rebooted the Macbook and now things seem to be working.

I want to get to using HOST ONLY networking so when the notebook is used at a hotel, it only needs to be authorized once.

The XP VM is now getting an IP number but I have no idea of where it is getting the number from. It is in the 192.168.2.X segment..... which I do not use here. I have Parallels preferences (DHCP) set to 10.x.x.x number and my network here uses only 192.168.1.X

But... however it got the number, it works.