Running parallels-config Cannot compile or link drivers Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex 8.10 a2

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by Robertjm, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

Hi all,

I upgraded my system to the latest development version of Ubuntu (Intrepid Ibex Alpha 2) and tried installing the latest version of Parallels Dektop (v2234).

AFter installing the deb file I try and launch it, but get the all to familiar error about having to run parallels-config. When I do that it bombs out telling me:

Can not compile and/or link drivers. Read /usr/lib/parallels/doc/INSTALL
    and follow instructions specified in this document.

Compilation log is available at /usr/lib/parallels/comp.log.6437.error

When I try loading the ../INSTALL file mentioned I am told that there's no such file or directory on my system and checking the folder structure reveals there is no doc folder, nor can an INSTALL file be found in any directory within the parallels folder!!

I've attached the error log mentioned in case that will help resolve the problem. Anyone sucessfully runnning Parallels on the latest development version of Ubuntu??

Robert

Attached Files:

2. bfrawley

bfrawley Bit poster

Same Problem

I am having the same problem with Fedora 8.

Were you able to get it working on your side?

3. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

Nope. Still not working!

Unfortunately not. What bugs me to no end is that I tried using the "free" email support they mention on the website, but when you click on the link it goes to a pre-sales email form. So I used that form, and I have YET to hear from anyone from Parallels about it.

Also posted on the Ubuntu forum, but so far nobody has been able to help.

Robert

4. 1nept

1nept Junior Member