Alt+Enter, Alt+CTL+Del don't always work first time

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hairyneanderthal, Jun 3, 2006.

1. hairyneanderthal

hairyneanderthal Member

I am finding I have to do a couple of extra clicks in my active Parallels window before the usual short-cut keys work.. even if I have already clicked it to make sure it is the active application... Anyone else have this problem?

H

2. schmidp

schmidp Member

on my macbook i have CTRL+C and so on not working the first time i press it.

i'm using windows server 2003 and virtue to switch between vm and os x

3. ronin

ronin Bit poster

Yeah I've noticed that on my MacBook too with WinXP SP2. Not with Ctrl-C though. Just with Alt-Enter and Ctl-Alt-Del.

4. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

Are you making sure to hold down the FN key before hitting the delete key? Assuming a Macbook Pro of course. What kind of keyboard if not an Apple?

5. joshv

joshv Member

I can confirm this behavior as well.

6. Jerry

Jerry Member

same here, but I found that if I hold down alt+enter for 2 seconds, in stead of just pressing it, it also works first time. Still, a strange delay. Using it on a MacMini 1.66 with a windows keyboard.

7. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

I'm not getting this behaviour on a MacBook. The key sequence I hit is Ctrl-Alt-fn-Delete in that order (as fast as my finders can press them), and the task manager pops up immediately. I'm running RC2 with XP SP2 on the guest (but 2K and 2003 work too).

Is the keyboard connected by USB, wireless, bluetooth or something else?