Window off screen... how do I get it back?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rmoraski@orbiuminc.com, Apr 8, 2006.

1. rmoraski@orbiuminc.com

rmoraski@orbiuminc.com Junior Member

First off, great job so far! The speed of XP is impressive.

Last time I ran Parallels, I was at work with an external monitor plugged in. Now I'm elsewhere with only my MacBook monitor. I had Parallels on my secondary monitor; now it's off screen. I can see it if I use Exposé, but I can't get it on the monitor. How can I make the window get back on my screen?

Thanks in advance,
    Rich

2. tj4shee

tj4shee Member

Never had this problem.... but I think.....

I think that if you go to Finder and under the Window menu is "Bring All To Front"..... I have never actually used it, but I think I remember seeing it as an answer to this problem in the past.

3. rmoraski@orbiuminc.com

rmoraski@orbiuminc.com Junior Member

Good idea, but no dice. That just brings all the Finder windows out from behind other windows. Thanks, though!

4. spullara

spullara Member

I had this same exact problem. The only way I was able to get it back was to plug in another monitor again and put it in the right place.

5. golanbenoni

golanbenoni Bit poster

Simplest method of doing this is to change your screen resolution through the System Preferences. Choose a lower resolution, and then bring it back to your original resolution when you're finished.

Golan.

6. spullara

spullara Member

This did not work. I tried just about everything. Only plugging in the monitor was able to retrieve it. I tried changing resolutions, erasing the preferences, using expose, etc.