Fedore Core 5 fullscreen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by chr1skearney, May 23, 2006.

1. chr1skearney

chr1skearney Bit poster

Has anyone had any luck getting fedora core 5 to run at 1440x900 (fullscreen) on a macbook pro 15 inch?

is there some xorg.conf settings I need to be using?

I am using RC1...

Thanks in advance

Chris Kearney

2. jeromevde

jeromevde Bit poster

Same problem

Hi,

I just installed the Fedora 5 DVD distrib with Parallels desktop RC1 on my macbook, but I can get a resolution other than 800x600 or 640x480. Does I made a mistake somewhere ? Some other drivers to use ?

Please help !

Thanks.

3. mcdonc

mcdonc Bit poster

Xorg.conf

Attached is an xorg.conf that I was able to use successfully with FC5 to get fullscreen. I also added the custom 1440 by 900 resolution in the custom resolutions preferences of Parallels RC2.

Attached Files:

4. MtDewaholic

MtDewaholic Bit poster

I just want to point out that I think this is a Fedora/Linux/X problem. I have an HP ZD7000 series laptop with a 1440x900 display. It is not possible to get Linux into the native resolution on that thing without manually tweaking the X config file. Nevermind the fact that I can tell the configuration utility that I am using a 1440x900 resolution generic LCD monitor, it still will not let me select 1440x900 as the resolution I want to use.

On my 17" MacBook Pro running fedora 5 inside Parallels I had no problem getting it into fullscreen mode at the native resolution.

5. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

How about 17" xorg.conf. Does anyone has the proper Modeline for 1680x1050?

Modeline "1680x1050"