RC2 , multiple VMs == OS luckup

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rjgebis, Jun 3, 2006.

1. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Since going to RC2 I have noticed sporadic Mac OS lockup when trying to open new Perellels window. For example I have XP running and I try to open new VM window (I did not started the new one yet.) The entire OS lockup. I can move the mouse but desktop, Apple-Tab is dead.
    When I upgraded from RC1 to RC2 this is what I did.

Uninstall Tools in XP,
    Uninstall RC1 using the uninstall program
    Reboot MBP
    Install RC2
    Reboot MBP
    Install tools in XP

Now trying to open another VM and I get this 2 out of 10 freeze

2. luz

luz Member

Same here - but I get this EVERY time I try to open a new Window when a VM is already running. The only solution at this time is to suspend all running VMs first, then open the new Window and then resuming the VMs.

This is annoying, but as the VMs seem very stable now once they are up, and also don't crash any more when sleeping the MBP, this is manageable for me in the beta/RC. It should hoever be fixed by GM.

3. bobics

bobics Bit poster

I see the same problem as luz.

4. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

Any updates from Dev team? Are you guys aware of this?

5. sdfjkl

sdfjkl Bit poster

I am experiencing this as well, however after a few seconds of freezing the OS everything recovers and multiple VM's run in parallel.

6. chrisp

chrisp Member

I also get this sometime and haven't figured out the exact cause. Also, don't try to open and power up two VM's connected to the same virtual drive, Windows doesn't seem to like that ;) (One day I'll remember not to do that! lol)

7. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

This is known bug and it is already fixed. Thank you for reporting!