Windows Networking leads to "kernel[0]: proc: table is full" on RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by PetraHonig, Jun 6, 2006.

1. PetraHonig

PetraHonig Junior Member

Hi,

I have RC2 and Windows networking enabled on OS X. When I now browse from Windows XP a share from OS X, the Windows XP within parallels desktop hangs for a while. After that I can not longer start programs from OS X. In the console I see: "kernel[0]: proc: table is full"

When I browse other Windows shares than the one on my host OS, this works fine.

Also I can use host-only networking via the paralles shared folder.

This was definetely working on RC1 as I used it to copy files from my Windows XP to my host OS as this was much faster than using parallels shared folders.

Any idea how to solve this problem ?

2. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

Try to view via Activity Monitor which process have too many threads or too many child processes.

3. PetraHonig

PetraHonig Junior Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

The problem is based on Boot Camp. When Boot Camp is installed, the NTFS partition is mounted read-only and the OS X smbd seems to have trouble with that. Once the smb shares are browsed, the daemon runs wild.

I removed Boot Camp, e.g. the Windows XP NTFS partition and things run well again.

4. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

Probably any access to smb from outside will cause this problem. Can you test this and report to Apple if this problem is in smb ?