Parallels 3 build 5608 stucks to load XP after ServicePack3 installation

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by edoedo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. edoedo

edoedo Bit poster

Hello everyone,
    i've got a big problem. Yesterday evening i installed correctly Parralels 3 build 5608 (I have Mac OSX 10.5.4), i had my Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 installed, but i wanted to upgrade it. Parallels with my XP (i used my BootCamp partition, i haven't created another) worked awesome.
    So, yesterday night, i logged on to my XP (not using parallels, i logged in XP properly as a normal PC), download BootCamp 2.1 and Service Pack 3.
    I installed BootCamp 2.1, then i installed Service Pack 3.
    This morning, i opened Parallels, clicked on "start" (the green "play" button on Parallels display), and gave me error, because XP couldn't find the "autochk", and then reboots infinite times. I tried to create a Windows XP partition with parallels and it works, but i want to use my BootCamp partition (so i can synchronize both my Mac and BootCamp'a XP at the same time).

These are my screenshot's erorrs (they are in order):

First this one:
    [​IMG]

Then this one:
    [​IMG]

Then this one:
    [​IMG]

Can somebody help me please? I would appreciate it!

Greets
    Edward

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. edoedo

edoedo Bit poster

John, i've got a quicker solution (i've just done it and it worked), to help you guys (from Parallels) give a clear solution:

from the thread that i read that was written in the link you gave me, i read it all and i watched carefully what you wrote

"1. Slipstream SP3 in Windows Xp
    2. Boot from Windows CD, and perform repair installation
    3. Uninstall Boot Camp,install again from Leopard DVD, upgrade to Boot Cam 2.1
    4. Install Windows XP SP3
    5. Start Mac OS and Parallels Desktop - do not start Virtual Machine, but access Configuration Editor- Hard disk1 - Advanced -and click Clear to remove Parallels Desktop information from Boot Camp
    6. Start Parallels Desktop- reinstall Parallels Tools
    "

Well, i got prepared to do this -1hour work-, but first i wanted to do point number 5. I've done it, reopened BootCamp and as a dream, it worked!
    I'll do some more test to see if it's true what i'm saying. You can make them too, to make easier the solution to this big problem.

Hope that i've helped you guys!

4. edoedo

edoedo Bit poster

Yes, indeed, it works fine.
    This is the quickest way to repair Parallels from the update of Service Pack 3.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Basically steps in article are the same, just more detailed

6. cmore70

cmore70 Bit poster

Hi- I have a similiar issue and have tried to re-install a slipstreamed xp3 but when it gets to trying to install drivers it says it cannot find the ATI drivers and asks to look for them manually. Not a problem as the dialogue box says cancel. Unfortunately, the USB port deactivates so the external mouse stop working and the keyboard and internal pad stops working. Any ideas??