Edit->Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by maztec, Aug 31, 2008.

1. maztec

maztec Member

It is entirely reasonable that the settings cannot be changed without the system being rebooted.

However, there are times when I want to make a few tweaks in anticipation of a later reboot - but do not have time to reboot right now. And, with the slippy mind I have, if I put them off to do later I will probably forget them.

So, can it please be setup so we can edit the VM, but get a notice that says, "These changes will not take effect until you restart the VM." Please?

Example Problem:

For the last week I have continuously forgot to look for and change the setting that makes windows steal focus. Windows keeps stealing focus. I keep wanting to go to Edit->VM and change the setting, but I cannot. By the time I reboot the VM, I have forgotten I wanted to do this, so I reboot, and the problem is not cleared up.

---

So, please, allow the following behavior:
    VM Running; Edit->VM: "Warning: Changes will not take effect until you restart the VM."; *fiddle fiddle, make changes*; Click OK: "Warning: Changes will not take effect until you restart the VM."; *go back to using VM for a while, get done"; action->pause, "VM Changes are pending, they will not take effect until you restart the VM."; Oh Right! I forgot; action->start; start->shutdown; "VM Changes have been applied"; Yay!

Thank you!

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Several changes only applying after restart, almost the same as on real PC

3. slimemold

slimemold Hunter

Original poster is aware of that, John. But it's entirely reasonable to allow changes to the VM settings to take place on next boot. I second the original poster's request.