Parallels Desktop 4.0.5580 Beta is posted on MacUpdate

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by mattyparanoid, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mattyparanoid

mattyparanoid Bit poster

Where is our update to version 3? I paid for version 3 and it still does not work properly with Ubuntu and now there is a beta for 4.0 but I paid for 3.0 and need it working before I try a 4.0 beta....

This is crazy...

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. mattyparanoid

mattyparanoid Bit poster

Really??? That is your reply??? I am so bummed I spent $65 on this software....

You can have a closed, quiet beta or you can post it on a major mac site and deal with the scrutiny. You can't do both.

The 4.0 beta was there, yet still no fix for version 3.

This is one of the most frustrating pieces of software and one of the most infuriating support forums I have ever experienced.

I am a deeply dissatisfied customer.

4. Ozewolf

Ozewolf Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

5. Ozewolf

Ozewolf Bit poster

Here Here Bunch of ASS holes

I purchased a license with life time upgrades at the public release Build 1848 Tues 13 June 2006
    But they wont honor this.

Product ID:
    00006-2147497350-0004
    Validity period:
    Not limited
    Primary OS(es):
    Mac OS X
    Terminal Services:
    No

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

There was no beta there, it was a mistake on the version number, notice the build number 5580? the latest is 5608, version 4 will probably be 58xx or 6xxx but never 5580.

7. mattyparanoid

mattyparanoid Bit poster

There was a beta 4 there. It was clear that it was a 4.0 version and not a 3.0 version. It asked me to agree to an NDA of sorts which I did not agree to.

I understand why everyone with the company and the moderators are saying it was an error as it was taken down shortly thereafter. I believe it was an error. An error posting a beta that was meant to be more closed then posting it on a major mac software site.

Posters who are saying it was not there are either adhering to there "NDA" or didn't see it. Posters that are saying it was a numbering error are either adhering to the "NDA" or did not see it. I did see it, it was there and I stand by my original post.

I am a paid customer and I am not satisfied.

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

The 'customers' you are referring to seems to be just myself, so I'll reply on the behalf of the 'customers', if what you're saying is true than you could've at least taken a screenshot of the NDA, that wouldn't break the NDA because you said didn't agree to it.

And I don't understand why you're dissastified the supposed beta being pulled out, and why you're dissastified with a version 4 being in the works. Parallels needs SMP, 64bit support and more memory assignable to a VM, this will only come in a new version as these are quite important new features.

You're dissastisfied with Parallels for not addressing your problem specifically, and you're implying that they should not implement new features unless they solve that problem. But that's not how coding works, in coding, branches are created to implement new features, there are stable and development branches and the development isn't linear, and it's perfectly normal to create a new version and still stabilize the version before.

Anyway, MacUpdate is not the official place to get Parallels beta or not beta, if it's in fact true what you say than it's because someone leaked it there and shouldn't have, as they would be breaking the NDA.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008