Zebra LP 2844 Thermal Printer

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Platinum Samples, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

Has anyone tried this printer with parallels?

Thanks,

Rail

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Bit poster

It works when it wants to! I print postage via Stamps.com w/ Zebra 2844 and stopped using Parallels after having constant problems. It would stop working out of the blue and I would need to "reboot" to connect to the printer.

I am currently evaluating VMware Fusion to see if has better USB Printer support.

3. Platinum Samples

Platinum Samples Member

Thanks Quadzilla...

So far I was able to install the printer but have no luck getting it to print.

<EDIT> By toggling the LP2844 in the status bar USB list I was able to get it to print </EDIT>

Let me know how that other thing does,

Regards,

Rail

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. miscraja

miscraja Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

5. miscraja

miscraja Bit poster

Was anyone able to get this to work? I have a Datamax Printer, and each time I reboot my computer, the printer has to get re-installed. I do not need this on my Mac Side, and wish to have the USB Port dedicated just to this printer on the Windows Side, so each time it boots up, it is recognized. Any suggestions?

6. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

in Configuration Editor - USB controller 1- Connection option - select connect to Guest OS,

7. miscraja

miscraja Bit poster

Hi

Thanks. I will try this.

How come only the items directly connected to the Mac (this printer for example) gets reconfigured to a different USB Port on each bootup, but anything that is attached to my USB Hub is perfectly found on my Windows side?

8. miscraja

miscraja Bit poster

John - would setting the configuration editor like this affect other USB items that I need for the Mac Side (My Apple Keyboard and Mouse?)

9. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

No mouse and keyboard will not be affected, other USB devices -yes