fitbug

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gosh, Sep 21, 2008.

1. gosh

gosh Member

Hi,

just on the off chance - anyone use a fitbug (pedometer),and get this working along with the Bug Manager software?

I can get the server but nothing else works?

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

To what device, software you are referencing to?

3. gosh

gosh Member

Hi it's a pedometer which uploads data such as number of physical steps via USB.

4. John@Parallels

Hm, it is hard to say exactly, as we are not able to test every device, maybe some users tested?

5. jimnurse

jimnurse Bit poster

Fitbug doesn't work... I think

Hi, i tried this the other day but didn't have any success. This is the second of two USB devices that seem unable to send their data to the internet (the other being a Garmin ANT stick not speaking properly with Garmin Connect). There seems to be some restriction placed on internet access that prevents these things uploading their data. I have my firewall set to a minimum in windows so any suggestions would be most welcome.

I only got Parallels to use windows software that has no Mac equivalent and it is somewhat frustrating to discover that I still can't use it.

6. John@Parallels

By the way what USB to serial you are using (model)?

7. jimnurse

jimnurse Bit poster

The ANT stick for the garmin plugs directly into the USB port and the fitbug pedometer connects via USB to mini USB cable (the one digital cameras all seem to use) so I'm not sure what you mean. Thank you however for the prompt response.

This is the Fitbug (http://www.fitbug.com/uk.sales.aboutfitbug), it's a pretty basic little thing but my girlfriend's health insurance comes down if she uses it.

8. John@Parallels

we have special build 3810, which allows us to debug USB related problems.
    http://download.parallels.com/suppo...lsDesktop-parallels-en_US-4.0.3810.342466.dmg
    Please download it and install and perform additional step bellow
    Set following flag under Configure -Hardware -> CPU -> System flags property.
    (Select Show advanced settings)
    Please type
    devices.usb.loglevel=3
    click OK, and start Virtual machine

Connect USB device to VM, wait for connection till error, and submit problem report from
    Parallels Desktop - Help menu -Report a problem and let me know report ID.

9. jimnurse

jimnurse Bit poster

Thanks for getting back to me. Just so I'm clear, do I just install this new version of parallels over the old one?

10. John@Parallels

Yes, just please run Install Parallels Desktop application, later you can install your normal version
    Do not forget in each case to reinstall Parallels Tools

11. Gareth Parris

Gareth Parris Bit poster

I've got exactly the same problem. I've put the system flag settings into Parallels but the problem is that no error is generated by the software so I can't report anything to you, the USB device (fitbug) just doesn't work via Parallels.