Blackberry Bold Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Knocka, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

I run Win XP under Parallels (Build 5608) on an iMac mainly for Outlook and Desktop Manager. This setup works perfectly with my Blackberry Curve (both an 8300 and an 8310). I just got a Bold, and for some reason, it only works sporadically. DM sometimes recognizes Bold, sometimes not. And when it does recognize it, it will sometimes allow a Backup to occur, and sometimes it just disconnects quickly. If it does complete one task, say a Backup, it never is able to do a second task, such as a Synchronization (I am on BES but use Synchronization for a third party program, DataVault). I have to disconnect and reconnect. DM basically freezes until the disconnect. I have tried setting Parallels to automatically connect USB devices, with the exact same result.

Has anyone experienced this? It still, by the way, works perfectly with Curve.

If I cannot get Desktop Manager to work reliably under Parallels, then 1/2 the reason I need a VM is gone. If this is not resolved, I am going to have to try VM Ware.

Thanks for the help.

2. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

I tried VM Ware Fusion 2.0 and it works perfectly. Anybody who is having a problem with Blackberry devices in Parallels might want to give it a try.