Blackberry Desktop Manager not working on parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mikes70mustang, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mikes70mustang

mikes70mustang Bit poster

I put blackberry desktop on parallels on my mac because the pocket mac program kinda stinks. The problem is that i cant get the backup function to work. The loading bar pops up but never accomplishes anything. The usb and hard drive icon are flashing periodically. Im fairly sure there supposed to be a solid on to indicate that the phone is connected via usb and that the hard drive is taking the backup info off my phone. The whole process works on my old dell.
    I have parallels build 5160, macbook pro 2.4 processor, 4gb ram, 250 hard drive, osx leopard
    I assume its a fairly easy problem to fix but i just have not been able to find how to fix it. Any help is much appreciated.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. Knocka

Knocka Junior Member

I had the same issue and tried VMWare Fusion (they have a trial for 30 days) which works. I am hoping Parallels Beta 4 comes out so I can try that, as I do not want to have to buy VMWare, but I need Desktop Manager. It is one-half the reason I need to run Windows (the other half being Outlook).

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

What is the model, I used BB 8300, without problem,
    Also there is a thread in forum, where users provides detailed description how to get it working

5. mikes70mustang

mikes70mustang Bit poster

Yep, it worked thanks, FYI in case it helps anybody, i have a brand new Curve 8330 Verizon Phone