More USB problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kblume, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Mike,

The USA-19HS has not been tested by our developers. We can not currently guarantee this USB work in Parallels Desktop. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are working hard to improve USB support in future versions.

Best regards,
    Xenos

2. lenoil

lenoil Bit poster

Build 5600 doesn't seem to incorporate build 5582.5 fixes

I've installed build 5600 and the ePadInk is again not working, with the same symptoms as before. Must I downgrade again?

-Robert

3. KSW

KSW Junior Member

Downgrading from 5560 to 5582.5 works - curtly

It look's like. Here I tried to upgrade the firmware of an HTC TyTN II, with no luck. Connection failed anywhere between 0 and 13% of the progress bar.

Downgraded to 5582.5; running it caused some funny pink areas in the mac's screen outside of the pc's window - but the firmware upgrade went trough.

For the records: MacBook Pro C2D 2,33, 10.5.3 German, Parallels 5560 Engl., XP2 SP2 German

Good Luck!

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

This is caused by 10.5.3 update and fix is in build 5608, but this doesn't have that compatibility level
    Workarounds
    - Downgrade to 10.5.2 (not sure good idea)
    - Use Windows in full screen or Coherence

USB interface will be completely changed in Parallels Desktop ver 4 which planing to be published this summer

5. bi11

bi11 Hunter

Has your development team looked at virtual box? (http://www.virtualbox.org/). Their implementation of USB support with respect to the user Interface is orders of magnitude better the Parallels support. I find it near impossible to know which usb device to choose from the list, when one has 4 or more of the exact same USB hardware(as in disks) attached to your Mac. If the disk label could be used to help identify, that would be a very welcome enhancement.

Attached Files:

6. John@Parallels

Yes, actually similar feature, with more advanced settings is planning in Parallels Desktop ver 4, e.g. what USB device to connect to what Virtual machine

7. KSW

KSW Junior Member

Hi to all,

some months later I see the following:

Had to upgrade the firmware of an UMTS-Mouse via USB, it's an Huawei 220 sold by T-Mobile. Parallels 5608 failed with same symptoms as before, but 5582.5 which I actually kept did the trick.

XP SP3, 10.5.5

8. JNagy

JNagy Bit poster

Neat Receipts

Is there any update on the USB problem?

I just purchased a NeatReceipts product to use and it doesn't work under Parallels (crashes as described). Neat Receipts says that they do not support Parallels and my only choice is to inquire here to see if there is a work around (that doesn't involve stepping back to 10.5.2 or Build 5582.5.)

I am currently running OS X 10.5.5 and Parallels Build 5624 (which as I understand is a work around version for Linux that i got a few weeks back) So is there any update on when v4 is coming out or is there a new version that might fix this USB problem until v4 comes out?

BTW: I am running Microsoft Vista SP1 in Full Screen Mode only and the problem exists there as well.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

-JNagy

9. John@Parallels

You do not need to rollback to 10.5.2 in order to use 5582.5

10. JNagy

JNagy Bit poster

John, thanks for the reply.

I understand not rolling back the OS X version. However rolling back Parallels to 5582.5 will break the issues that i had running the latest version of Linux Ubuntu v8.04.

11. John@Parallels

Please see private message

12. gaston6858

gaston6858 Bit poster

Tried USB to Serial can't get it to work. I have DYNEX DX-UBDB9 with a PL2303 Chip. Latest 1.2.1r2.dmg & PL2303_Driver_XP2K_v204012 drivers from http://www.prolific.com.tw. Parallels-Desktop-5582.5-Mac-en.dmg MacOSX 10.5.5 I reverted back to 5608build and my work around is to use the USB to Serial on the Mac and run a Serial Client to map it to the Parallels Com Port Device instead of using the Parallels Usb Device.

13. John@Parallels