USB Webcams in RC?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by anville, May 18, 2006.

1. anville

anville Junior Member

My external USB webcam still doesn't seem to function, even though it is recognized in the XP Device Manager (with a yellow "!" next to the icon).

Is that funtionality feasable with this release?

Ezonics iContactPro USB Cam (Works fine with OS X, and with XP in Boot Camp)

Thanks!

2. adiemask

adiemask Junior Member

I too would love to get a webcam to work in RC, does anybody have one working?

3. jamesh9339

jamesh9339 Bit poster

Webcam Support?

I'll add my support for this request - the ability to use my webcam with Yahoo and MSN are the reasons why I need to use Windows & Parallels, but I have had zero success getting my Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro to work. It recognizes the cam, but gives me a "Code 10" error in the Windows control panel and no programs can communicate with it.

This is really frustrating :(

4. adiemask

adiemask Junior Member

I'll reiterate: does anybody have a webcam working under RC? I'd happily use OSX 99% time but my kids keep having to 'bootcamp' to XP such that they can use MSN with a webcam, I'd love to convert them to OSX but while they are already in XP they do all they need there. I saw 'Parallels' as a tool to get them into OSX.

Come on guys, please help me out.

5. jamesh9339

jamesh9339 Bit poster

I hate to say this, but...

I think we'll all end up having to use bootcamp if we want to use our webcams in Windows.

I havent seen a single official response to any of the multiple questions regarding USB webcam compatibility, so either it's not a concern for the development team, or, there is simply no way to make it work with the VM. Considering how brilliant Parallels is as a whole, this inability is a huge letdown.

6. adiemask

adiemask Junior Member

Any response from the development team?

7. anville

anville Junior Member

Just wanted to bump this thread higher again. Webcams under Parallels would really bridge an application gap that exists between OS X and Windows. Skype and others unfortunately don't have rich cam support yet. It is the primary feature I am waiting for before I plunk down my 50 bucks for a license. (And will do so gladly!)

8. daveef

daveef Member

i agree fully

I think this needs to be addressed. Wtih a we hope to include it or a there is not a snowballs chance in hell USB will be supported. The silence is an insult to people that have an interest in this topic.

9. Joesixpack

Joesixpack Bit poster

Quickcam Web failing also

My Logitec Quickcam Web (USB web cam) is recognized by Windows XP, but then fails to atcivate propery with the message:

This device cannot start, code 10.

Hopefully this will be fixed before final!