Keyboard/mouse issue still

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by Pharrett, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

I am migrating a Server 2003 image from a system (not a VM) using Transporter. Everything worked fine during migration but I can not get the keyboard or mouse to work at all. I've seen other posts about this but none seem to offer a solution.

Any fix for this? Do I just need to let it sit there running for a while and eventually it will work?

I don't have this issue for the VMs I've created directly on my MBP.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Do you have any custom driver for mouse and keyboard installed on original Server?
    If yes - uninstall them first, or you can perform Windows repair on migrated VM

3. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

No, there was just the standard ps2 keyboard and mouse drivers that windows defaults to. I had sent an email to tech support and there suggestion was teh following:

"Please, verify, that in Parallels Desktop menubar> Devices> USB your mouse and keyboard are not attached."

They are not attached. There is nothing special installed on the system I'm migrating from, and it's not a VM. Just 2003 installed on a laptop.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

this may be a case.
    I suggest to perform Windows repair on Virtual Machine, this may recover corrupted set of drivers