What's New/What's Fixed in RC2 (comments)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, May 31, 2006.

1. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

There are 2 known issues with Shared Folders in RC2:
    1. Browsing SF from the root in MS Office doesn't work. But if you directly enter full path - it should work.
    2. SF doesn't renewed when updating Parallels Tools - a lot of problem comes from here. Because of this you still reporting issues which were fixed in earlier betas. Solution - unistall Parallels Tools and then install it again.

Both issues will be fixed before GA.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Do you have QT installed? If so please see ms answer in elventear topic.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

1. To finilize disk enlarging you should use any partioning software (Acronis Partion Expert for example) or use internal XP disk tool to add new partition.
    2. You could attach second virtual disk to your VM and place some data there.

4. gorron

gorron Junior Member

My Garmin iQue 360 syncs without problem. I do not sync another palm on the OSX side on this machine? If you do perhapsd it is confusing things.

Ron goren

5. xardoc'

xardoc' Bit poster

HASP 4 is OK with RC2

I confirm, my HASP4 USB is OK allowing to run my protected software.:)

6. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

Wow

Amazing improvements in speed (both system-wide and file sharing). BUT -- I wouldn't have recognized the great improvements in file sharing had I not decided (after using RC2 last week) to uninstall Parallel Tools and reinstall. I did upgrade them originally, but uninstall/reinstall made a world of difference.

Great work Parallels. I'll be ordering another 21 copies shortly!

7. JavaMac

JavaMac Bit poster

Apologies Andrew, but I couldn't find the topic to which you were referring. And are you asking if I have QT from Trolltech installed? If so, I believe the answer is no. At least I did not intentionally install it. Maybe it came with something else. Assuming I do have it, could you please point me to the topic/solution to which you were referring?

Much thanks, and by the way--EXCELLENT PRODUCT! A must have for ANYONE with a Mac and a need to run one or two Windows apps.:)

8. Xabi

Xabi Bit poster

I have just purchased Parallels and I'm satisfied with the overall performance, but...

...you are far from that. I have tested several USB devices with no luck, specially my Garmin eTrex Legend C GPS receiver, as I noted in the dedicated "not working USB devices" thread. This is one of the main reasons of many people to buy Parallels, so I suggest you to fix it as a priority.

Parallels Shared Folders also do not work quite correctly; some times it denies access to the files.

9. jackr

jackr Bit poster

Me too. I think it's Parallels itself :eek:

For example:
    - shut down the guest OS
    - edit the configuration
    - turn off VT-x
    - no complaints

10. inki

inki Bit poster

This does however not work if you have to access a remote X11 unix server through a citrix connection running under windows...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2006