Coherence Sometimes Will Not Display Windows - Only in Single Window

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by endlessbender, Sep 30, 2008.

1. endlessbender

endlessbender Member

My apologies if this has already been covered but I did a search and could not find a similar problem discussed.

Occasionally, perhaps 30% of the time, upon boot of Parallels (5592) in Coherence mode, no XP windows are visible. It's as though Parallels is 'hidden'. When I switch to Single Window mode, all of the XP windows are there. Switching back to Coherence they remain hidden. It's very strange and cannot be corrected without shutting down Parallels and relaunching.

Has anyone else seen this problem and have a solution?

Thank you,

Steve

MB Pro 2.16ghz Intel Core Duo 17"
    2gb RAM
    OSX 10.5.5
    Parallels 3.0 5592
    Windows XP Pro SP2

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

You can just click on any windows on Dock and all windows will come front

3. EmDashMan

EmDashMan Bit poster

I'm getting this too

I've just upgraded to Parallels 3, build 5608, on my iMac 20-inch (3G RAM), and use Coherence mode.

Most of the time, when I switch from a Windows app (Framemaker 7.2) to the Mac world then back to Parallels again, the Windows world doesn't reappear. It's there, but hidden. Sometimes there isn't a Framemaker icon on the Dock; if there is and I click on it, I still don't get back to the Windows World. The Parallels application is in the foreground (I can access its menu bar) but the windows are hidden behind the Mac world. If I switch from Coherence to Single Window mode and back (Shift-Alt-Ctrl or via menu), I get my Windows apps back again.

Sometimes when I Command-Tab in the Mac world, I see a "Start" icon instead of the normal Parallels icon.

Looks like Coherence isn't working properly for me ;-(

4. John@Parallels

5. EmDashMan

EmDashMan Bit poster

I've seen the bit in the User Guide about the Dock icon, but that doesn't help with the 'hidden windows on application switch" problem.

6. John@Parallels

Try to play with settings in Coherence in Configuration Editor - COnfiguration
    I meet such situation, when high display resolution is set on mac OS side

7. endlessbender

endlessbender Member

I've read page 222 and there is nothing of use there, I'm not interested in changing the icon in the dock, I'm interested in making my windows appear in Coherence.

What options should I change in the Configuration Editor? None of them have made a difference.

I'm not running a high resolution, just standard 1680x1050.

However, restarting the Windows XP OS fixes the problem.

Thank you,

Steve

8. John@Parallels

Yes, it is exactly high resolution problem, video memory leak can cause this, I suppose you can lower resolution and test for some times
    1400x900 is enough to test