Printing to Mac printer from Windows will not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Pharrett, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

I added a virtual printer port to my windows VM and connected it to the printer my Mac is using. I'm on a VPN so I can not connect to the printer from the guest OS via the network. When I go to print, Windows reports that everything printed just fine, but nothing on the Mac side happens. The print job simply vanishes somewhere between the VM and my mac.

What is going on with this? This is very frustrating.

Please do not point me to the users guide as I followed the directions in the user guide and it is not working.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

3. Pharrett

Pharrett Member

The only thing different between the link you listed and the original user guide is the page number.

I've tried using both the HP and Apple printer drivers listed and neither work. The guest OS spools the print job and as far as windows in concerned, everything is fine. Windows thinks the job printed.

However, what happens to the print job from there is unknown. It does not print to the printer I have selected on the Mac. It shows no previous or pending print jobs. The print job simply vanishes.

Could it be security settings in Parallels between the guest and host OS?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

No, it is not,
    Please paste here screenshot for System Preferences- Printer and faxes