Freeze of Virtual Machine after inactivity

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by altorfer, Jun 13, 2006.

1. altorfer

altorfer Bit poster

I have a problem that I'm unable to solve since the early betas of parallel: After a certain time of inactivity, the virtual machine (in my case Win XP) freezes and the only way to get it back is by a "Force Quit".
    I have tried several things already without success:
    - Reinstall Parallel
    - Reinstall all Drivers in the guest (Win XP)
    - Disable VT-x
    - Disable Screensaver
    - Disable APM
    - Fix network to use only en0

All this doesn't help: After an inactivity (30-90 min) my virtual machine is freezed and I have to kill it. Is anybody having a similar problem?

regards,
    Martin

2. ontology

ontology Bit poster

me too

I'm having this problem as well. The only way I can get the machine back is to force quit the application.

3. Kelc

Kelc Bit poster

This has been happening to me since the start. It appears to happen to me when the Mac goes to sleep on its own (timeout or closing the lid). It does not seem to happen if I select Sleep from the apple menu. Since I set my sleep time for the Mac to 'Never' I haven't had a freeze since.

I seem to recall reading somewhere on these forums that this might be solved in the next release.

4. tc60045

tc60045 Junior Member

This happens to me, too, and has since the start. I mitigate by suspending whenever I can remember to do so...

5. CDN

CDN Junior Member

I have this problem too... If I leave Parallels PC running overnight, its always frozen in the morning...

6. I am yet another user with the same problem. Macbook Pro with all the usual OS X updates.

I've mucked with Energy Saver settings thinking a sleep or hard disk stoppage is a culprit. No luck yet.

I suspect XP or Win2000 whenever I finish a minor task. Otherwise, I must Force Quit.

7. seen

seen Bit poster

this is quite annoying. do we have any information on a possible fix?

8. Godrifle

Godrifle Member

I have the same issue, though it appears only if I've run a certain app (NetObjects Fusion). I'm not 100% on that, but I've noticed if I'm just using Firefox or IE, and not NetObjects, it doesn't seem to lock up. I've had good luck with the last RC build (1920, I think). We'll see if the new version (1940) will resolve this... What version is everyone on this thread running?