NEW RATINGS: Parallels 10, BootCamp 10

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by geordisjd, Jun 13, 2006.

1. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

But I don't know why it's working. I didn't really do anything. First thing I knew, I had that window asking if I wanted to restart WindowsXP after updating, which was apparently automatic because I wasn't even there when it did it. So I restarted (the virtual pc). Then surprise, everything worked. I can go online, Meditech/Telnet is working fine, at a much greater speed than VirtualPC used to.
    I connected my old USB printer. It was immediately recognized and printed fine, to my complete surprise.
    Let's hope it will last.

2. mmak

mmak Member

Congratulations. So I guess the quirk was from Windows as far as one could tell. Welcome to Windows :-( . Too bad we have to live with this inferior OS.

3. simon

simon Member

Great !

Glad it's all working for you now, even though we don't know what was causing it.

:)

4. dan537

dan537 Junior Member

I'm glad to hear that MEDITECH is working ... this could potentially save me from lugging around the IBM ...

5. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

It was lovely while it lasted. A whole day!
    Now I can't even get online again. My Lan connection is working, but Diagnostics is telling me that my "Parallels Network Adapter" failed.
    Very frustrating...

6. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Curious - are your using ethernet or wireless?

7. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

Both, but it's ethernet right now. I have no way to check wireless at work. It worked with Ethernet yesterday.

8. geordisjd

geordisjd Member

The saga continues. Rebooting the PC didn't do anything, but rebooting the whole Mac restored connectivity (the Mac part was working fine to start with).
    Go figure.