Transporter - Unable to allocate memory for monitor PE!

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by busta999, Nov 9, 2007.

1. busta999

busta999 Bit poster

latest versions of Parallels and transporter used.

Used transporter to transport my old XP Notebook into a virtual machine on my Mac.

All came across fine with no errors.

When trying to start the VM it warned me that it cannot allocate memory for monitor PE!

Also told me to contact Parallels support.

Can't find a way to contact support.

Hopefully someone knows how to get this VM working

Also anyone know what a PE! is and why it needs memory?

Thanks

2. mind.warp

mind.warp Bit poster

I started getting this error last night too. It came out of the blue for me.

I've been using Leopard since release and installed Parallels that day. Since then it's been fine. Then last night (Nov 9, 2007) the issue started coming up. This was while I was trying to run Ubuntu Linux.

A few days before the error I installed Roxio Toast 8, and got the iTunes + Quicktime updates from the auto-update. I don't know if this is related. Beyond that I don't have anything special installed

Things about my system:
    MacBook Pro: 2.4GHz w/ 2GB RAM
    Reformatted and installed Leopard
    Parallels 5160

Other 3rd-party installes (complete list)
    Roxio Toast 8 w/ Tivo Support
    NeoOffice 2.2

3. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

Make sure you have enough disk space. Also check amount of VM's memory.

You need to fill the request form or send email on support@parallels.com and... fill the same form :).

4. busta999

busta999 Bit poster

Her machine had 12Gb of disk and 2Gb of memory with the recommended memory of 512MB.

Her need for Windows has diminished over the last week as I have replaced Windows apps with Mac alternatives so it is less of an issue now that she feels comfortable without the 'training wheels' of XP. So I get to put Parallels on my new iMac :)

Thanks anyway, but in a way this problem simplified things....