No Support Ripoff

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by dstarnik, Dec 14, 2007.

1. dstarnik

dstarnik Bit poster

I purchased Parallels just over a year ago, and now it seems I have a useless product with no support. My Parallels ver. 2 will not work with Leopard. It continually crashes, and sometimes crashes my whole Mac. Since it appears that Parallels is throwing all it's weight behind ver. 3, and abandoning ver. 2, my only option is to pay $50 to upgrade. That's almost two thirds of the new price. I have never before bought software that was obsolete after one year. It is at best disingenuous, and at worst a blatant tactic to make me and many others buy the same software twice. That's bullshit. I would be paying $130 to use the software that new purchasers are getting for $80.

Disenchantedly,
    Darrell

2. nitebike

nitebike Bit poster

It gets worse

I had the same issue, spent the cash to upgrade (no choice there), and now have an installation that's riddled with bugs that range from annoying to rendering the application barely useful. On top of all of that, Vista/Parallels then forced me to needlessly purchase another license ($230) due to non-existent "hardware changes". So for me it's up to $360 so far and counting. Parallel's response? "Did you check the support forums?" This is the worst packaged software experience I've had in 15 years.

3. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by delay with Parallels Desktop 2.5 update. Free update with improved Leopard compatibility is available, check the details here.
    Also please keep in mind that in some cases Parallels Desktop 2.5 users can get 3.0 upgrade for free.