Sleep problem - fix requested

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rm53, Mar 3, 2008.

1. rm53

rm53 Member

when I put my MacBook to sleep, and later I wake it up, the VMs do not have their clocks updated.
    I think Parallels Desktop should somehow notify the running VMs that there was a sleep phase and that they should update their local time accordingly.
    (I don't have Windows, but this problem is at least existing for many Linuxes and Solaris and FreeBSD.)
    Regards,
    rudolf mittelmann

2. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

Parallels Tools for Linux must solve this problem. Please check it.

3. rm53

rm53 Member

Thank you MaximS the clock problem is solved by installing Parallels Tools into Ubuntu, and also into openSUSE.
    Alas, in openSUSE the special screen resolution is lost by installing PT, too. This is not so good. When I fix screen resolution using YaST, seemless mouse changing between Linux and Mac OS X is lost, but the clock feature remains working. I think I can figure this out myself by comparing what PT and YaST do to the X11 config files...

One more question: are the Linux PTools meant to work with openSolaris and FreeBSD?

4. rm53

rm53 Member

... and in Debian the installation of PTools leaves the X11 system in a non-operating state, and the clock feature does not work either. This is with the newest stable Debian release.

5. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

It seems Yast replaces one or both from Parallels drivers: for mouse or video card. You can find it by /etc/X11/xorg.conf files comparision.

Anyway you can set necessary screen resolution directly in /etc/X11/xorg.conf after Parallels Tools installation.

Not yet.

6. MaximS

MaximS Forum Maven

We know about this problem, it will be fixed soon. Thanks for information.