Treo HotSync Crashes Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by scotto, Oct 30, 2008.

1. scotto

scotto Member

Sometimes when I HotSync my Palm Treo 700p with Outlook and Palm Desktop in Win XP, Parallels just crashes/quits - it simply disappears. I'm running XP under BootCamp. Parallels 3.0 is Build 5608. XP is SP3. Running on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.5, with 1.5 GB for OS X and 1.5 GB for Parallels. It crashes about 5-10% of the time I sync, though it seems to come in bursts. It's been going on for months at this point.

Needless to say this is bad for my data. Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions? Thanks!
    --Scotto

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

What can you see in crash logs from
    /Library/Logs/panic.log
    or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Parallels.crash.log

3. scotto

scotto Member

There is a .crash file in Crash Reporter that seems to correspond to the latest of these (attached). Is it helpful? Parallels.crash.log hasn't changed since March, and there is no Panic.log.
    --Scotto

Attached Files:

4. John@Parallels

as a first step try to reinstall 10.5.5 update

5. scotto

scotto Member

John-
    I'n not sure what you mean by "10.5.5 update." I'm running build 5608 of Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac. "Check for updates" says it's current. What is 10.5.5?
    --Scotto

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  6. John@Parallels

7. scotto

scotto Member

John-
    None of the OS X 10.5.5 updates seem to indicate that they are appropriate for *reinstallation* (though of course they might be). Which of the three (delta, combo, the other one) are you recommending? Thanks.
    --Scotto

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008