THings still not working in the 6/12 release

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by kaufman, Jun 15, 2006.

1. kaufman

kaufman Member

I don't know why I continue to send these reports in, as I never get a response back, but what the heck:

The following two issues (which have been reported several times both by email and in the forums) have not been fixed in the Jen 12 release of Parallels:

1) In full screen mode, releasing the cursor via Ctrl-Alt, causes the screen to leave full screen mode. This only happens when there is no external monitor attached to my MBP. I need to have "Enable access for external devices" turned on, so in order to switch VirtueDesktops, I have to release the cursor first. THe fact that Parallels insists on leaving full screen mode, makes full screen mode useless for me.

2) I still cannot sync with my WM5 device. The symptoms are the same as have been reported many times. In fact, I have never been able to get any USB device to work except for a memory key. I has hoping to use my USB GPS, but that has never worked at all.

Parallels: Please please take the time to respond to this. I purchased the product as soon as you announced it, and I have been a faithful beta tester for you since then. I would appreciate getting some response back.

Thanks, Michael

2. akac

akac Hunter

On #1, have you checked your hotkeys to see if they are one and the same for full screen? Try changing that.

On #2 - this is my biggest beef too. I would think they would get this working before GA.

3. kaufman

kaufman Member

My hot key for leaving full screen is alt-enter. My hot key for releasing the cursor is ctrl-alt.

This bug was introduced and reported in RC1. It seems to me that it should be an easy one to fix.

I agree, USB support should not be advertised as part of the product at this point.

Michael

4. rjgebis

rjgebis Hunter

I still see a problem with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V (Copy and paste) between VM's
    I have two XP VM's running with Virtue Desktop running both in full screen. When I switch between both and try to control-C (copy) only on first try it does not work. Second, third and so on works OK in the same window. This is every time I do it. Try switching even between Mac and Windows.... same thing. If you copy something from Mac Apple-C and than switch to XP and try Ctrl-V it will not work just the very first time. If you hit it again it will paste it.

Parallels please fix this in next update.....