well done all

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by daj, Jun 15, 2006.

1. daj

daj Member

I just wanted to add my personal thanks to all those involved in this project. I stumbled across Desktop for the Mac in it's first beta release and I was quick to take advantage of the pre-ordering.

Watching it grow through it's development cycle has been great and seeing the Parallels team listen to our moans/groans and suggestions and act on them has been brilliant.

I did have a period where I defected to bootcamp, but having to reboot was such a pain. I'm now a proud Parallels user (just need a cap now!)

I am realistic in that I know it will never be the solution for everyone and not everything will be prefect when you are hosting another O/S, but what a product we have here...totally fab

It addresses my main issue when using a Mac...there are one or two things I need to do in Windows XP, and this product provides it perfectly and flawlessly.

So, to all the Parallels guys --- WELL DONE, and keep up the great work. I look forward to future enhancements

David
    :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  2. urbanape

urbanape Bit poster

Hear hear. For my primary needs (testing web applications in multiple OS/browser combos), Parallels is absolutely indispensable. As much as I'd *like* to get my phone's firmware updated, it's a far secondary goal/concern.

I was proud to pre-purchase Parallels when it was made available, and I still unabashedly recommend it to friends/colleagues who need similar cross-platform testing support.

Well done!

3. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

I'm doing development under Delphi using Borland Starteam and occasionally Solidworks and it runs GREAT.

I don't think Parallels is done either. I doubt they will push the release out and sit back and rack in the $$$. I think they will continue to support us with updates and fixes for things they find. At least that is my hope.

Mark