iPhone acces in PD4

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WimDS, Nov 11, 2008.

1. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Is there a guide how to do this please?

2. biglar

biglar Pro

It allows you to link to a Parallels iphone application that has not been released yet.
    I helped beta test the app and it allows you to open, close, suspend, and pause your VMs.

3. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Ok nice but Parallels advertise it as a feature of PD4! :-/

4. Jason Lawrence

Jason Lawrence Junior Member

Judging from the rest of the threads created today, the iPhone app is the least of their issues.

5. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Actually , features will be added
    And you can find details in Parallels Desktop help system

6. WimDS

WimDS Hunter

Dear John,

Thanks for the info, but i think it would be better to write to the consumers: "iPhone access comes in a future free update" or something like that... ;-)

7. scottfrost

scottfrost Bit poster

So am I understanding that the adverstisement I saw during the installation of v4.0 for an iPhone app available on iTunes is not quite true (yet)? I searched all over iTunes and cannot find it.

8. biglar

biglar Pro

Check the help tab for Parallels 4 and search for iphone. That explains it and when the app will be available.

9. rbdamm

rbdamm Junior Member

What exactly is the point of this iPhone integration? Do you really need to start/stop/pause from the iPhone? Why? I'm just trying to figure out why I would need it I guess... Scenarios?