Drivers for Win2K

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by blomasky, Jun 13, 2006.

1. blomasky

blomasky Member

I installed XP but I could never get the networking to work for me. I had no prolems surfing the net, but I could not see any computers in my workgroup (nor was I very successful with the USB device).

So I went back to my favorite of the windows O/S, windows 2000 professional.

Good news, networking is fine
    Bad news, I have no idea where to find VIDEO and AUDIO drivers for my 15" MBP.

Any suggestions please

bruce

2. drtimhill

drtimhill Member

Well, PW emulates an Intel 82801BA/BAM audio controller, so you could try the Win2K drivers on the Intel site? I did a quick google and found plenty of references. Note, however, that I have not tried this -- your mileage may vary.

--Tim

3. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

Just install Parallels Tools after you log into Windows. I've been running Win2K under Parallels for quite a while. I get full native Mac resolution under Windows. I also have basic sound working to. No need to download anything from anywhere to get this to work.

Rick

4. blomasky

blomasky Member

"parallels Tools" What is that? Where is that?

bruce

5. maria HOLDERNESS

maria HOLDERNESS Bit poster

in the VM menu...choose Install Paralleles Tools....while running your os

6. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

More specifically while logged in to the guest OS, not just running it.

7. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

Oh yeah, may I politely suggest you read the user guide that comes with Parallels. It describes how to install and use Power Tools. And Parallels itself of course. You could have had this all working days ago.

Enjoy,
    Rick

8. blomasky

blomasky Member

Ah HA! so its RTFM, Of course...... Thanks for the help... it does work better now....